Pupil Premium Funding
At Corpus Christi R C Primary School, we believe that all children have the right to the best education available which includes a range of experiences that make it truly memorable. To this end, we are allocated a small amount of money in our budget to support our most vulnerable children. This is known as Pupil Premium funding.
What is Pupil Premium?
Pupils qualify as being eligible for Pupil Premium at Corpus Christi if they are in Reception to Year 6 and satisfy at least one of the following:
- They are in the care of the Local Authority
- They are children of Service Personnel
- Their parents receive Income Support and/or Income based job seeker’s allowance
- Their parents receive income-related employment and support allowance
- Their parents receive support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Their parents receive Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to working tax credit -unless four week run on) and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
This means that the school receives additional funding for your child.
If you are successful, this funding will be used in school in the following way:
- £30 per term contribution to school clubs or outside school clubs e.g. karate/brownies/ swimming or music tuition
- 2 free school jumpers and PE T-Shirt each year
- Swimming in school – free of charge
- Free schools trips
- Contribution towards residential trips
- More targeted interventions to ensure rapid progress
- Opportunities to take part in extra curricular activities
- Resources to support the rapid progress of your child
The funding allows all pupils to benefit from a higher ratio of adults who support personalised learning.
Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.