If you are looking for mathematics activities for while school is closed, please explore Mathletics,Times Table Rockstars and NumBots. Please get in touch with your class teacher if you need new copies of your log in details.
In Maths, we aim as a school to teach the underlying skills required to tackle increasingly challenging mathematical problems as children progress through
the school. All classes learn and revisit place value, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division regularly to allow them to embed knowledge and apply
these methods across other areas.
In all classes Maths lessons will include elements of fluency, reasoning and problem solving. This allows children to practice the taught skill and apply it in a range of situations. Lessons will include access to physical resources to support all students' understanding- these include but are not limited to: place value counters, dienes (Base 10), bead strings and place value charts.
Children will access calculations in a range methods, concrete (actual objects and resources) pictorial (picture/visual representations) and abstract (numerical calculations and word problems) as well as explain their thought processes verbally and using writing prompts.
Mathletics is becoming part of the next generation in learning as it helps children achieve great results, while enjoying it.
Mathletics is a web-based learning program that integrates home and school learning via the internet. Mathletics courses are aligned to the requirements and outcomes of the Mathematics Primary Curriculum from Foundation Stage to Year 6. There are thousands of students in schools across the United Kingdom and millions around the world that are accessing the site every day.
Your child has 24-hour access to Mathletics by using a unique user name and password. We recommend that you spend time looking at the program, so that you can gain a greater understanding of how Mathletics will benefit your child.
* Children become more engaged and motivated to learn Mathematics;
* Mathletics is adaptive, which means that it responds to the child’s strengths and weaknesses;
* Children instantly know if they are on the right track and can work through the curriculum at their own pace;
* Animated support guides children through concepts at their own pace, which is like having a personal maths tutor 24 hours a day;
* Live Mathletics fosters a stimulating and exciting online learning community;
* Results flow seamlessly between home and school so you can stay informed of your child’s progress;
* Weekly parent emails allow you to monitor your child’s progress. You just need to register using your email and your child’s account.
Further information on Mathletics
There are helpful guides to Mathletics available here (click on the hyperlinks):
Mathletics General - A general guide on how Pupils log in and use Mathletics.
Live Mathletics - A more detailed guide on Mathletics.
Level Descriptions - What is covered in the Mathletics Live in each level.
Tablets - A guide on the new, fast developing, tablet app.
There is also a Parental Area where you can view your child’s scores and track progress. You can sign up online; you will need your child’s login details.
Mathletics for Parents A guide for Parental Area.
Parental Login Sign up here for Parental Area.